[modifier] The authentication problem to solve
As you know, we've several resources for Wolfplex Hackerspace:
- the wiki (MediaWiki)
- the intranet powered by Keruald/Xen and Azhàr
- the new community/presentation site Enigma prepares in Drupal
- a redmine install (will soon be replaced by a ChiliProject install) shared with Espace Win Open Source Project and grip users
Currently, the auth is performed by Azhàr.
We'll have more resources in the future, like:
- the Wolfplex servers
- the audio system
- an eggdrop (Nasqueron will sail to other space realms, and a
Wolfplex dedicated eggdrop will replace it)
- Sympa mailing lists
We should deoploy something standard so everybody could develop for it.
It's also the opportuniy to deploy an heavier, stronger auth solution.
- Yes it can connect to a LDAP so we can store Wolfplex Hackerspace accounts somewhere : https://wiki.shibboleth.net/confluence/display/SHIB2/ResolverLDAPDataConnector
- Drupal : http://drupal.org/project/shib_auth
- Redmine : https://federation.renater.fr/technique/applications/config/redmine#configurer_l_authentification_shibboleth_dans_redmine
- The Sympa mailing lists manager : http://www.sympa.org/manual/authentication#configuring_shibboleth:
- If we create a SharePoint server : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg317734%28WS.10%29.aspx
[modifier] The worskhop
The workshop will setup a Shibboleth service provider and implement some authentication consumers.
It will also install a LDAP server for our accounts and if we've time, we'll develop a plug-in to transform a Keruald-based PHP application to a Shibboleth authentication source.
The worskhop will be hosted at Spike's place (@ Charleroi Ville-Haute), this Wednesday 2011-04-20 from 2pm to 6pm CEST.