|Description||Create a LDAP for your organization or for Wolfplex|
To learn the LDAP basics, from a developer and from a system administrator point of view.
To install and deploy a LDAP.
- Part I
- What's an LDAP? Overview.
- The LDAP vocabulary: when it's like another application, but with bind instead of login.
- Install and configure OpenLDAP
- A story of schemas
- Play with our LDAP (We'll use tools like phpldapadmin and Apache Directory Studio)
- Part II
- Build a LDAP for real use : the Wolfplex LDAP
(if you've your project needing one, bring it also!)
- LDAP hello, I'm an application: allow 3rd party apps to use the LDAP
(we'll also write a quick app to implement basic functionnalities ourselves)
- STARTTLS and LDAPS, how to securize a LDAP
- Notes about part I and II
We'll first cover the part I. If time allows, we'll start the part II.
Another workshop will be planned (probably 2013-11-13 or 2013-11-20) for the remaining steps.
In the next workshops...
The LDAP workshop will give us a functionnal directory. We'll then be able to build new stuff on the top of the LDAP.
SpaceFED is a secure and anonymous inter-(hacker)space federated authentication platform.
Now we have a functionnal LDAP, we'll install other components to deploy Spacenet, a WPA2 Enterprise/802.1x based solution to allow other hackerspaces members to use the wifi when they're in our space.
- Shibboleth authentication
Shibboleth is a SAML solution to implement a single sign on.
- Date: November 6, 2013
- Time: 19h
- Bring your laptop, it's participative workshop.